This past year, E101 contributed about $500,000 towards preserving, improving and promoting our downtown
What is Encinitas 101 Doing For You?
A. E101 brings more than 100,000 people into our downtown to shop & attend our events
• Wellness Week
• Spring Street Fair
• Classic Car Nights
• Taste of MainStreet
• Safe Trick or Treat
• Holiday Street Fair
• Visits With Santa
• Farmers Market-Every Wednesday
B. Recruiting and coordinating volunteers to clean alleys, plant curbside plots, & more
• Challenge of no irrigation to be met by “plot” sponsorships
• Some areas being improved by developers
C. Working closely with the City of Encinitas staff and Sheriff to control vagrancy issues
• Regular communications with Sheriff to recommend intervention
• New advisory group seeking solutions
• Ongoing efforts exist to find and implement more solutions
D. Working with property owners, leasing agents, businesses, and the City of Encinitas to enhance the downtown pedestrian retail & make it easier to pen a business here.
• Working to attract more desirable retail & optimize the retail mix
• Implementing creative solutions like pop-up stores
• Working with City of Encinitas to streamline permit processes
E. Facilitating façade grants to help fund facelifts to business storefronts as well as murals
F. Working toward restoration of La Paloma Theatre
• Established evaluation proving it qualifies historic designation
• Working to make some visual improvements
• Strategizing other means of raising funds to improve, ie. Partnerships, fundraising events
G. Promoting Downtown Encinitas as a place to shop, dine & play!
• Weekly Newsletter sent out to 4000+ subscribers
• Social Media posts daily
• Timely Holiday promotions and merchant events
• Print advertising for events and retail shopping
H. Conducting Merchant Meetings to hear thoughts & concerns and to discuss solutions and offer education to assist business owners
I. Launched Alley Activation Program
• Facilitated murals and conducted ribbon cutting event with entertainment
• Volunteer landscape architects submitted design ideas for lighting, planting, etc.
• Assisting businesses to get façade grants to help fund their murals and other improvements
J. Working with City of Encinitas staff to improve the cleanliness of sidewalks
K. Working with City staff and their contractor on a Parking Study to establish solutions to our Downtown parking challenges
L. Offering ongoing Viva MainStreet health benefits to members (free massages, health screenings, etc. see our website
We welcome business owners and residents to join our organization, volunteer at our community-focused events or just enjoy everything that is one of the last old-style California beach towns.