Perhaps our community’s greatest event, Safe Trick or Treat draws thousands of costumed residents of all ages. They all head downtown for treats and to see the amazing pumpkins grown on the hill above downtown and carved and delivered by the monks at our Self Realization Fellowship. From Encinitas Blvd to K Street, the fantastic, carved pumpkins can be seen at multiple viewing locations, and dozens of merchants will have goodies for kids.
Kids also enjoy Halloween-themed activities and games in The Lumberyard Courtyard, courtesy of the 101 Artists Colony, plus dancing to the live music of Bucket Ruckus.
SRF converts the parking lot next to their K Street store into the Queen’s Court, where children line up to share their wishes on stage with Her Royal Highness.
The event is supported by the downtown Encinitas businesses community, many staying open late to welcome trick-or- treaters.
Be sure to come check out these great deals at participating businesses
- To The Stars – 10% discounted coupons
- E Street Eyes – Free sunglass croakies
- JoJo’s Creamery + Magical Child – Instagram costume contest and free wristbands redeemable for specials all year round on Wristband Wednesdays
- Savory Spice Shop – Free spice samples
- Culture Brewery – Buy one get one penny coupons
- Self Realization Fellowship – Queens Court and bounce house
- Dr. Keller Pediatric Dental – Candy bag buy back
- La Paloma Theater – 5:30 showing of The Shining, 8:30 showing of Rocky Horror
Full list of participating businesses